Team USA vs. Germany: Comparing Countries by Soccer History, Celebrities, Culture, More
There's no denying that the United States and Germany have not always had the best relationship off the soccer field, especially during the 20th century.
These two teams will meet in a Group G game that will decide who wins the group on Thursday. In the meantime, Latin Post.com compare the two countries on and off the field, head to head.
Soccer has never really been America's game. Germany has the far better portfolio when it comes to soccer accomplishments. Germany has won three World Cups and has appeared in seven finals making them one of the most successful teams in the world. America has never made it to the World Cup Finals, but they have faced Germany twice in the World Cup.
In 1998, Germany defeated the U.S. 2-0 and in 2002 Germany was again victorious this time 1-0. Germany would advance to the Finals in 2002, but would lose to Brazil.
The U.S. is full of hotspots for historical landmarks and attractions across the country. New York City, Boston, Washington DC and Philadelphia are filled with historical documents. If viewers want more nature they can visit the Southwest region of the country. One of the most famous sculptures in the United States is Mount Rushmore, which is located in South Dakota.
Germany is located in Western Europe and is home to many famous cathedrals and other monuments. Some of the most famous sights is the Neuschwanstein Castle and the Holstentor. The Brandenburg Gate is a must see arch located in Berlin. Outside of castles and cathedrals, Germany is a fun nightlife country as well.
Both America and Germany have many celebrities on the big screen. Some of the most famous American celebrities include Oprah Winfrey, Adam Sandler, and Ben Stiller. Mario Lopez is a very distinguished actor who has appeared in multiple movies and TV shows. Sibel Kekille is a very popular actress in Germany and perhaps the most well-known German-born actor is Bruce Willis. Willis has made many great movies such as Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, and Unbreakable. Also, there are other major celebrities with German roots such as "X-Men:Days of Future Past" actor Michael Fassbender, supermodels Heidi Klum and Claudia Schiffer, tennis star Boris Becker, actress Diane Kruger and race car driver Michael Schumacher.
Germany and America share many similarities when it comes to food. This comes as no surprise because many of America's dishes come from Western Europe. Some of the most popular American foods include pizza, pasta, bread, hamburgers, and other various meats. Germany is also well-known for their meats, and have been long known for their world famous bratwurst. Both Germany and America excel with fried foods and fish. Germany is one of the most well-known nations in the world when it comes to beer.
Despite many past political differences, mostly in the '40s, Germany and the U.S. have done very good business in recent decades. The United States' biggest exported goods include food, capital goods, and beverages. America's biggest export partners are China, Canada, Mexico, China, and Japan.
Germany's biggest export partners include France, England, the Netherlands, and the U.S. Germany is well known for their engineering. The main exported goods are cars, chemicals, and computer products.
For up-to-date sports news, scores, and more, follow Latin Post Sports on Twitter
Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto Anounces Anti-Crime Plan After Discovery of 11 Bodies Possibly Belonging to Drug Cartel MembersBy Claudia Balthazar
Eleven bodies were found burned and decapitated on the side of the road Thursday in the southern state of Guerrero in Mexico. The same day, President Enrique Pena Nieta announced a nationwide anti-crime plan.
Healthcare.Gov Second Open Enrollment Period Gains Over 1 Million Applications in 1st Week, Spanish-Speaking Wait Times Average 10 SecondsBY Michael Oleaga
Mexican President Facing Crisis To Announce New Strategy For Country's Dysfunctional Justice SystemBY Rebecca S. Myles
Obama 's Immigration Speech in Chicago Heckled by Audience, President Clarifies Meaning of 'Criminal' ImmigrantsBY Michael Oleaga
Spanish-American Contemporary Artist Domingo Zapata to Create American Flag Installation for World Trade Center
Renowned Spanish-American contemporary artist Domingo Zapata is planning to bring his creative and innovative touch to the lobby of One World Trade Center, also known as the Freedom Tower, with a commemorative and colossal American flag installation.
Designer Thelma Espina Says First-Ever Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Guatemala Event Will Start a ‘Fashion Forward Era’ (Exclusive)
Oscar de La Renta Dead at 82, Leaves Behind Unparalleled Legacy and Imprint on Fashion Industry Worldwide
Subscribe to LatinPost!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for the latest in-depth coverage!
- 1 In Las Vegas, President Obama Outlines Executive Action Plan on Immigration Reform
- 2 Over 300 Mexicans Protest for Missing Students Outside New York Mexican Consulate
- 3 Immigrant Families, Friends Holding 'Watching Parties' Around Tri-State For President's Announcement
- 4 Eva Longoria Speaks on President Obama's Upcoming Immigration Speech
- 5 Montana Attorney General Calls Appealing Gay Marriage His 'Sworn Duty'
- 6 Major TV Networks Opt Out of Broadcasting President Obama's Executive Action Address on Immigration Reform
- 1 JCPenney, Macy's To Offer Best Black Friday Deals; Find Out Which Stores Have the Worst Deals
- 2 Mexican First Lady Angelica Rivera's Defense of Her $7M Home Sparks Memes Mocking Her Acting Career [Pics]
- 3 NYPD Psychologist Charged With Attempted Murder After Allegedly Shooting Husband in Head
- 4 Super Smash Bros. Expected to Give Nintendo Best Christmas Sales in Years
- 5 Powerball Numbers & Results November 22, 2014: Watch Live Stream Of Drawing For $70 Million Jackpot
- 6 Angelique Boyer and Sebastián Rulli Share Photos as They Prepare for the 2014 Latin Grammy Awards in Las Vegas [Pics]
- 7 Message From Travis Alexander Calling Jodi Arias a 'Whore,' 'Evil' Presented in Her Death Penalty Retrial