Friday, October 31, 2014 | Updated at 7:50 AM ET

LATEST NEWS

Batman vs. Superman Movie News: Man of Steel 2 Delayed By Jesse Eisenberg? PLUS Michael B. Jordan Rumored to Play Cyborg

  • Print
  • E-mail
First Posted: Feb 27, 2014 11:22 AM EST
michael b jordan
Michael B. Jordan (Photo : Wikimedia Commons)

The upcoming Man of Steel sequel, often nicknamed Batman vs. Superman, has made some bold casting choices. According to rumors, the studio is now considering its first black superhero. Meanwhile, another interesting cast move is rumored to be the reason that the highly-anticipated film is not being released until 2016.

Latino Review cites sources who say that the Man of Steel sequel's production team is currently looking for a physically fit black actor in his early 20s.

"...the part is for a small role in the untitled Batman Vs Superman movie BUT will be recurring in other upcoming DCU [DC Universe] films," the website reports.

Share This Story

Like Us on Facebook

Michael B. Jordan, who recently starred in Fruitvale Station, has reportedly met up with director Zach Snyder. Jordan is 27 years old and has enjoyed a blossoming career since appearing in HBO's The Wire in 2002.

Although meeting with Snyder does not solidify the young actor's role, it apparently is a good sign as Snyder is hard to get a meeting with. Earlier this month, The Hollywood Reporter sources reported that Warner Bros. Studio and Snyder "aren't casting a wide net with plenty of auditions to fill roles but are targeting actors from a narrow shortlist of those they want."

"Zach doesn't see a lot of people," a source "with knowledge of the process" said.

Latino Review did not say who Jordan was under consideration to play, but many are speculating that the character in question is Victor Stone/Cyborg.

Meanwhile, some are speculating that Jesse Eisenberg, who was recently cast as Lex Luthor, is to blame for the delayed release of Batman vs. Superman. Eisenberg is currently in Grand Rapids, Michigan shooting The End of the Tour, MLive reports. This obviously means that Eisenberg is not shooting his Lex Luthor scenes. His unavailability may be why the Man of Steel sequel's release date was moved from Jul 15, 2015 to May 6, 2016.

When the studio announced the delay, they said it was because they wanted to give "filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story."

"We know that there is already great anticipation building for the next super hero film from Zack Snyder, and we are equally eager to see what he has in store for Superman and Batman as they share the big screen for the first time ever," Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, president of Warner Bros. Pictures' international distribution, said.

© 2014 Latin Post. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
  • Print
  • E-mail

Join the Conversation

Subscribe to LatinPost!

Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for the latest in-depth coverage!

Real Time Analytics