The Must See Films Of Summer 2017
Summer is officially here: the kids are out of school, the weather is sweltering, and people are wondering what will be the most talked about movies of the season. Plenty of big name directors and stars are returning to the big screen, along with some hidden independent gems that might slide under the critic's radar.
Here's a list covering both ends of that spectrum and has a little bit of something for everyone.
Unaccompanied Immigrant Children Sent to Live with Undocumented Adults Who May Be in US Illegally
A Department of Health and Human Services study found 22,798 unaccompanied children were housed with parents, aunts, uncles, or other close relatives between September 2015 and February 2016, nearly equaling the total of the previous 12-month period.
Drug Smuggling Tunnel Running from San Diego to Mexico, $22 Million in Cocaine Seized by Federal Agents
Immigrants Rushing to Become US Citizens, Earn Right to Vote, Have Voices Their Heard on Immigration
Mexico Marijuana Legalization, Drug Possession Decriminalization Becomes Focus for President Enrique Peña Nieto
Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad win 2018 Nobel Peace Prize
The 2018 Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict.
- 1 Mexico-based Startup Platzi is Teaching Professional Skills to Latin America One Subscriber at a Time - How This Can Increase Employment Opportunities for Latinos
- 2 Latinos Helping Latinos: Camino Financial Helps Business Owners Get Loans Up to $500K
- 3 John Leguizamo's Media Marketing Startup is Expanding with New Full-Scale Production Studios
- 4 $389,290 Check Given to Fidencio Sanchez, Chicago Paleta Vendor, 89, After Fundraising Campaign Ends on GoFundMe
- 5 Run a Startup Accelerator? Here's How to Compete for $50,000 in Gov. Funding from the Small Business Administration
- 6 Here's What Makes a Good Location for Latino Entrepreneurs to Start a Successful Business