Trump to Use His Own Social Media Platform in Coming Months
The accounts of former President Donald Trump and several other GOP officials were suspended on some social media platforms following the violent insurrection on Capitol Hill.
According to NBC News, one of his senior advisers said that Trump is planning to introduce his own social media platform in two or three months.
Last January, Twitter banned Trump's official campaign account with a social media handle @TeamTrump and his digital director, Gary Coby, for trying to use the said accounts to give the former president a platform to speak after he was permanently banned on the said social media platform.
Coby made several changes to his Twitter account, such as changing the name to Donald J. Trump and his profile picture, The Hill reported. Twitter immediately banned Coby's account five minutes after tweeting the changes he made on his Twitter profile.
RELATED ARTICLE: Twitter Permanently Suspends Accounts of Trump, Flynn, and Powell
Own Social Media Platform
A spokesman for Trump's 2020 campaign, Jason Miller, told Fox News on Sunday that the former president intends to enter the social media space once again with his own platform that would "redefine the game."
Miller said he believed that it would be something that will be "the hottest ticket in social media," The Guardian reported.
"It's going to completely redefine the game, and everybody is going to be waiting and watching to see what exactly President Trump does. But it will be his own platform," he noted.
According to Reuters, Miller did not provide any further details, while Trump Organization officials have yet to comment on it.
Miller, however, said there had been a lot of "high-power meetings" at Mar-a-Lago with some "folks," adding that numerous companies have already approached the former president about the platform he wants to create.
The spokesman added that this new platform is going to be huge. As he claimed that "everyone wants him," Miller said Trump would bring tens of millions of people to this new social media platform.
Capitol Riot Aftermath
Big Tech companies had implemented huge steps after the Capitol riot. In announcing that Trump would also be suspended from Facebook and Instagram indefinitely until the end of his time in office at the very least, Mark Zuckerberg earlier said that there's a risk of allowing the former president to continue using the said platforms. He noted that the said risks are simply too great.
Former Facebooker Mary Minno Ioannidis, who now works at Google, said the Facebook suspension is a courageous step by the company.
Senator Mark Warner, who supported Facebook's move, earlier said the order was "not nearly enough."
Meanwhile, right-wing platforms such as Gab and Parler have been put under the spotlight during the Capitol fiasco investigation.
Trump was impeached for allegedly inciting the attack. However, he was acquitted when only seven Republican senators voted to convict the former president. This paves the way for another possibility for Trump to run for office again.
Also, the former Republican president reportedly dominates the field of potential GOP candidates for president in 2024. Miller noted that Donald Trump still has a hold on his party.
WATCH: Trump Says He'll Create Own Social Media Platform After Twitter Ban - From Reuters
Subscribe to Latin Post!
Sign up for our free newsletter for the Latest coverage!