Olympic Runner Will Race Pregnant For The Second Time
Alysia Montaño, U.S. Olympic 800m runner will race pregnant at the U.S. Championship again.
Montaño made headlines in 2014 after racing while eight months pregnant at nationals in Sacramento, California. For the second time, she will do de same in the first round of the 800m on Thursday.
The modern version of Wonder Woman announced her pregnancy in April and she had no plans to compete at this year's race, but her husband and manager announced she changed her mind.
Is it safe to run during your pregnancy?
Most doctors' advice it is OK if you are in good health and your pregnancy is uncomplicated. However, certain conditions won´t allow in some cases to exercise at all.
All women should check before engaging in high energy exercises with their healthcare provider. Women who run, swim, or exercise regularly before learning they are pregnant can usually continue at their normal pace for as long as it feel comfortable.
Montaño raced in 2014 after getting green light from her midwife and doctor to run while pregnant.
Latino Small Business Booms in Southern California, But Not Revenues
Business is booming for Latino entrepreneurs, especially in Southern California, where the growth in the number of Hispanic-owned businesses (HOBs) has bloomed despite the recession and tough economic recovery. But revenues for those enterprises haven't grown at the same pace.
Frida Kahlo Festival in Dallas Is Setting a World Record
Fans are preparing to set a Gunness World Record on July 6 celebrating the artist's birthday.
- 1 Mexico-based Startup Platzi is Teaching Professional Skills to Latin America One Subscriber at a Time - How This Can Increase Employment Opportunities for Latinos
- 2 Latinos Helping Latinos: Camino Financial Helps Business Owners Get Loans Up to $500K
- 3 John Leguizamo's Media Marketing Startup is Expanding with New Full-Scale Production Studios
- 4 $389,290 Check Given to Fidencio Sanchez, Chicago Paleta Vendor, 89, After Fundraising Campaign Ends on GoFundMe
- 5 Run a Startup Accelerator? Here's How to Compete for $50,000 in Gov. Funding from the Small Business Administration
- 6 Here's What Makes a Good Location for Latino Entrepreneurs to Start a Successful Business