New Horror Film 'Bite' Caused Audience Vomiting and Anxiety [Watch]
Apparently, the audience at the Fantasia Film Festival got a little more than they expected when they showed up for the premiere of the new horror film "Bite."
Even before they entered the cinema, they were given "barf bags" that seemed to be somewhat promotional for the film. But as it turned out, they were very much needed, according to an article on Bloody Disgusting.
As if that wasn't bad enough, there were also reports of people fainting at the film and an ambulance had to be called in for one person, who hurt his head when he reacted to the film.
So what was so bad about the movie that it got that reaction?
Well, to start off, the trailer for the movie is enough to make you cringe. It began with what appeared to be a found footage film where a woman and her friends appeared to be swimming in a remote area of the wilderness. The woman gets bitten by a bug, but she initially blows it off.
The story then morphs into a classic horror tale. Just like with most horror movie monsters, a bite from a creature unleashes a curse on the person to adapt the monster's features. That is exactly what happens in the movie, except this woman slowly turns into a treacherous bug.
Can you just imagine the kind of characteristics a bug has when it needs to feed and protect its eggs, or larvae?
The rest you can probably figure out for yourself.
The festival co-director Mitch Davis took to social media and made a comment about the situation.
"I leave the BITE premiere for all of ten minutes and the following text lights up my phone: '2 people, fainted. One girl is puking and another hit his head on stairs'. Truth," Davis wrote.
Take a look at the trailer below to see what the hype is about.