Although the cast of "Finding Bigfoot" on the Animal Planet has yet to discover a real Sasquatch, the team spoke to a believer who is convinced that he had an encounter with the elusive beast on two separate occasions.

During each episode of the reality series, the Bigfoot hunters travel to a specific location to uncover the truth behind the existence of Bigfoot. The team consists of Bigfoot Field Research Organization (BFRO) President Matt Moneymaker, researchers James "Bobo" Fay and Cliff Barackman, and scientist and skeptic Ranae Holland.

After the team picks a Bigfoot hot spot, they interview people who claim to have seen the legendary beast. Then, the researchers set up reenactments of the sighting to try to catch the ape-like creature in action.

Earlier this month, the reality stars stopped by the Myakka River State Park in Florida, which is supposedly known for Sasquatch activity. During a town hall meeting, a man named Gary Lytle Jr. claimed to have ran into the mysterious beast while hitchhiking in Florida and Oregon, reports

Lytle talked about his Bigfoot experiences in the episode, which was tilted "Squatchin' in the Sunshine State."  Lytle, who currently lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee with his wife, said he was hitchhiking from Florida to North Carolina in effort to find work at the time of the encounter.  He says he was sleeping in a hammock by the Hillsborough River near Tampa, Florida when he heard strange noises.

"I was laying under the northbound underpass when I heard something rustling near the river on the south side," he said. "I figured it was just a possum or raccoon."

Lytle then moved his hammock to the tree line and away from the riverfront. However, he heard more noise around 2 a.m.

"I heard what I can only describe as the 'barking' sound the raptors made in 'Jurassic Park,'" he said. "Fifteen or 20 minutes go by and to my right in the trees I hear a low-pitched whistle, like wind blowing through a creaky old house."

Moments later, Lytle began hearing soft thuds around his camp and that something was hurling rocks in his direction.

"I'm thinking to myself, 'Oh, my God! There's a Bigfoot!'" he said. "I'm really paying attention now, but it's still pitch black and I didn't have a flashlight, no camera, and my flip phone was nearly dead."

Lytle recalled hearing what he describes as a loud tree break.

"It was so loud and so close I thought the tree I'd tied my hammock to broke," he said. "I quickly got down, packed up, caught a ride back to Tampa and bought a bus ticket to North Carolina."

A similar incident occurred last year while Lytle was traveling in the Pacific Northwest and camping in Cape Meares State Park near the beach outside of Tillamook, Oregon.  As he was sleeping near the forest line, he was startled by a familiar sound.

"It was a long, sustained, low-pitched whistle nearly identical to the one I had heard the previous year," he said. "Instead of waiting around, since I knew what came next, I broke down my camp and headed back into town."

Several members of BFRO investigated Lytle's encounter in Tampa. That's where they discovered a sets of tracks measuring 16 inches long and another measuring at 13 inches long.

According to Lytle, "Their theory is that I was preventing two Sasquatches from meeting up."

Watch the episode below.