"Dancing With The Stars" Season 18: Brooke Burke, Band Leader Eliminated; What Happens Next?
In a surprising tweet by Dancing With the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet, the star said that she wouldn't be returning as a host for Season 18 of Dancing with the Stars. Burke-Charvet has hosted the show since season 10; she was also a performer in Season 7 when she won. The revelation about her leaving the show comes less than a month before the Season 18 premiere date of the show.
ABC has also confirmed that Burke-Charvet will no longer be a part of the show in the next season. They expressed their gratitude to her for being a part of the Stars family and that she will surely be missed. Aside from Burke-Charvet, the band leader Harold Wheeler was also fired earlier this month and was replaced by Ray Chew, an orchestrator, who will supervise the live recordings.
After her sudden removal from the show, Burke-Charvet expressed her sadness; however, she said that she enjoyed being a part of the show for 7 seasons and she understood the need for change given the position of the show at this juncture. She also said that she has always embraced change and looked forward to pursuing opportunities that she previously was not able to push through because of her contractual obligations with the show. Prior to being a host of Dancing with the Stars, Burke-Charvet was a correspondent in E! and the travel series Wild On... She has also appeared in some shows such as Las Vegas, Fox's and The Bernie Mac Show.
In the last few seasons, the show has suffered from a drastic audience share loss. In fact, its latest season finale only had a rating of 2.4, which is down 20 percent from the previous fall's finale. ABC hopes that these changes will take the show to a better position. The next season will air on March 17, 2014.