10 Wonder Woman Facts To Know Before The Movie Premiere
D.C. Comics superheroine and feminist icon Wonder Woman has been having a busy year as of late. When she isn't punching bad guys through walls and saving the world, she's celebrating her 75th anniversary and getting ready to make her big screen debut, in theaters June 2.
Like her equally colorful colleagues, Superman and Batman, Wonder Woman has enjoyed a wild ride of turns and gimmicks throughout her history in comics. Here is a small refresher of her impact on the genre and the rest of the world she's sworn to defend.
Latino Small Business Booms in Southern California, But Not Revenues
Business is booming for Latino entrepreneurs, especially in Southern California, where the growth in the number of Hispanic-owned businesses (HOBs) has bloomed despite the recession and tough economic recovery. But revenues for those enterprises haven't grown at the same pace.
How Indigenous Women Revolutionized Bolivian Wrestling
Though wrestling is widely regarded as the world's oldest sport, women have only recently gained a foothold. And even then, they've done so while facing tremendous discrimination and resistance from organizers, other wrestlers, and fans.
Gabriel Jesus Scored One Goal And Assisted Another Before Being Sent Off As Brazil Won A First Copa America Title in 12 Years, Beating Peru 3-1.
Lionel Messi Was Shown Only The Second Red Card As Argentina Beat Chile 2-1 In A Hot-Tempered Copa America Third-Place Play-Off.
- 1 Mexico-based Startup Platzi is Teaching Professional Skills to Latin America One Subscriber at a Time - How This Can Increase Employment Opportunities for Latinos
- 2 Latinos Helping Latinos: Camino Financial Helps Business Owners Get Loans Up to $500K
- 3 John Leguizamo's Media Marketing Startup is Expanding with New Full-Scale Production Studios
- 4 $389,290 Check Given to Fidencio Sanchez, Chicago Paleta Vendor, 89, After Fundraising Campaign Ends on GoFundMe
- 5 Run a Startup Accelerator? Here's How to Compete for $50,000 in Gov. Funding from the Small Business Administration
- 6 Here's What Makes a Good Location for Latino Entrepreneurs to Start a Successful Business